Wednesday, May 25, 2011

logs...

On a sunny day (nothing like today) I stumbled upon two men sawing down a beautiful old tree. I jerked my bike to a halt and asked them what they were planning to do with all of the wood. They said they were going to "pitch it"! Well, I saw opportunity knocking and wasn't going to let it pass me by. I sped home, got my car and drove back to the scene. The two men had left by then, so I single-handedly filled my little coupe with as much wood as it could hold....I knew I would find something to do with it.

My handy cousin sawed the logs into 2" discs and after sanding and staining them, I think they could make wonderful platters, wall decorations, outside placemats....so many possibilities, right?



1 comment:

  1. good eye, suz. you could make a fabulous wall piece for your new place.

    ReplyDelete